News & Announcements
Physics Orientation 2013
Welcome to NUS Physics!
You are warmly invited to the orientation on:
10th August, Saturday
1 pm - 5 pm
NUS LT27 (Beside Science Bus-stop)
Don't miss this opportunity to make new friends before school starts, and also learn more about the life of a NUS physics undergraduate!
Spark the Gap
We are going to have a brand new event—Spark the Gap, which is a sharing session and allows students to share their experience in all fields related to physics. It will be on 4th April (Thursday), 4 - 6 pm at Physics Conference Room. Come and let the gap sparked!
Speakers Needed - Spark the Gap
We are going to have a brand new event—Spark the Gap, which is a sharing session and allows students to share their experience in all fields related to physics. We are calling out for speaker who would like to share their experiences.
The contents that you can talk about includes:
- Current Research such as Final Year Project (FYP), Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme in Science (UROPS) and any interesting physics phenomena and concepts
- Experiences in Special Programmes such as Special Programme in Science (SPS), Student Exchange Programme (SEP), French Double Degree Programme (FDDP) and Industrial Attachment (IA), etc.
- Personal real life experience in Physics such as why you are interested in physics and your experience in learning physics, etc.
The length for each talk will be around 10 minutes and there will also be Q&A sessions.
We are calling out for four speakers. Certificates will be awarded to speakers and there will be a Best Speaker Award along with a prize.
Date for this event is on 28th March (Thursday) (More information on date and venue will be given) and an optional practice session is available for speakers.
If you a interested or if you have any enquiries, please approach us. You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any Physoc Comm member you know.
Physics Chinese New Year Celebration
As most of you know that 10th Feb is the Spring Festival, which is the one of the most important festivals to Chinese and a time for all the family members to get together. Thus it is a great chance for our Physics family to get together and celebrate this festival. The Chinese New Year Celebration will be held on 7th Feb 2013 (Thursday) from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in Physics Conference Room (S13-M01-11). Dinner will be served! And we also prepared Yusheng (Yee Sang) and fun games for you with attractive prizes to be won! Feel free to join us and celebrate Chinese New Year! 恭喜发财! 年年 CAP five!
Physics Polo-T Design Competition Entries
Here comes the end of design submition, and we shall proceed to voting. Voting will be done during most physics lectures, whereby voters are required to rank their top 2 favourite designs. Please vote, you can decide what other wear!
Physics Polo-T Design Competition
NUS Physics Polo-T Competition is now open to all Physics majors! Join the contest and stand a chance to have your design printed on our Physics Polo-T this academic year! The details of the competition are stated on the poster attached. Please submit your design to email@example.com by 27th January.
Staff and Students Game
To all physics staffs and students: it is time for sport! Come join us and have fun. Please register at http://bit.ly/OGG5DU.
Bored of watching movie alone in your room? Getting stress for your study? All izz well! Come and join us to watch an award-winning movie "3 Idiots"!
Mooncake Festival Celebration
Come and celebrate Mid-autumn festival with the physics majors, minors, double degree-ers, professors, staffs, etc. Games with prizes are waiting for you! Dinner and mooncakes are provided.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2012
Date: 27th August 2012 (Monday)
Time: 6.15pm - 8.15pm
Venue: Physics Resource Room (S13-02-14)
Are you wondering if there is more to University Life, other than the academics? Join the NUS Physics Society (PhySoc) Management Committee to get to know your peers and serve the Physics community!
Nominations for the PhySoc 26th Management Committee are now open. The positions available are:
- Honorary General Secretary
- Honorary Assistant General Secretary
- Honorary Treasurer
- Honorary Assistant Treasurer
- Honorary Publications Director
- Honorary Assistant Publications Director
- Honorary Publicity Director
- Honorary Assistant Publicity Director
- Honorary Events Master
- Honorary Assistant Events Master
- Honorary Welfare Secretary
- Honorary Assistant Welfare Secretary
- Honorary Quarter Master
If you are interested to join us, please fill up the nomination form here. Remember to submit your nomination form latest by 25 August 2012 (Saturday), 11.59pm. We look forward to receiving your nominations!
Do take note of the following points:
- In the form, some assistant posts are not included as these assistant posts will fall to candidates with the second highest votes.
- The election of positions will proceed according to the list above.
- In the event that a candidate loses in the election of the post he/she wanted, he/she can still be nominated or nominate himself/herself for the election of lower posts.
- Candidates who do not attend the AGM will have their nominations forfeited.
The election of the committee will take place during the Physics Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2012. All Physics majors are invited to attend the AGM.If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us. See you there! (:
PHYSICS ORIENTAION 2012
Feeling unfamiliar to the new university environment? Longing to meet with fellow freshmen, seniors and professors?
Come and join our Physics Orientation 2012, organized by our Physics Society! This orientation takes place just in one afternoon on 8 Aug.
It will also include guided lab tours and senior sharing session, which should not be missed!
Please refer to the poster for more details on time and venue.
For registration, please fill in the form here.